Olive skin tones are often under-represented in the beauty industry. However, with a little help from makeup artists and bloggers, you can find ways to bring color to your complexion without looking like an oompa loompa!
Olive skin is a tricky color to work with, but it doesn’t have to be. Olive skin tone can be complemented by using different colors in the right way. The key is finding the right shades that will complement your olive complexion and bring out its natural beauty!
Here are some great tips for doing just that…
Tip 1: Blues and purples for eyes. Since olive skin typically has a lot of yellow undertones, using cooler shades like violets and blues will bring out the green in your eyes even more.
Purple shadows tend to work best on olive-toned women because they bring out the green and gold hues which help to counteract the yellow undertones in your skin.
Tip 2: Darker colors for lips. When it comes to lining your eyes with dark eyeliner, olive-toned ladies should opt for black or deep brown shades. Black will give a very dramatic effect and really bring out those green eyes you have.
Brown is a good middle ground, giving your eyes some depth without being too harsh.
As for lipsticks, olive skin tones are also best suited for matte shades, which give off the impression of volume in the lips.
Tip 3: Olive skin should go with warm-toned blush colors. While it may seem like olive skin tone works well with every color under the rainbow, this is not the case when it comes to blush!
Olive skin looks best with warmer shades of pink and coral which really compliment the yellowish tint in your skin.
Tip 4: Go for orange-based reds. If you’re looking to wear red lipstick, try an orange-based hue instead of a darker shade like dark cherry or wine.
Orange tones will warm up your complexion and give off that natural glow that olive skin tones are known for!
Tip 5: Olive skin looks amazing with bronze! Bronze shades of eyeshadow work wonder on olive-toned women. When you’re applying eyeshadow, go for shades of taupe, browns, golds, and bronze colors.
These will bring out the natural colors in your eyes and complement your olive skin.
Tip 6: Olive skin looks good with pinks! At first, it may seem like pink shades are not ideal for olive skin tone but actually, the opposite is true.
Peachy pink shades actually bring out the green in your eyes and compliment olive skin with a natural glow.
Tip 7: Olive skin looks great in fuchsia! Just like pinks, fuchsia shades of lipstick or blush work wonders on olive-toned women. Fuchsia is a very ‘in’ color and not only will it bring out your green eyes, but it’ll also make your teeth look whiter!
Tip 8: Olive skin looks great in the nude! You can’t go wrong with a good ol’ skin tone blush color. Nude shades work well for olive skin tones and will bring out the green in your eyes.
Tip 9: Olive skin looks great with gold! Golds, bronzes, and coppers look beautiful on olive-toned girls. Golds especially help to warm up your complexion even more!
It’s all about finding the right colors that suit you, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different shades! You can never go wrong with a nice bronzer.
Whether you’re just running out for groceries or going to see your boyfriend’s parents for the first time, it’s always good to look your best.
How To Bring Out Olive Skin Tone With Makeup
The tone of olive skin can be difficult to work with. Though it is sometimes seen as an unattractive color, there are ways to bring out this skin tone.
You will want to use a bronzer or blush on the apples of your cheeks and contouring creams that match your skin type in order to achieve a more natural complexion that will not look too light or dark.
One of the things that can make someone with olive skin tone feel less confident is skin color. Choosing the wrong foundation can have you looking too pale or too dark.
- It’s important to find the right shade of foundation or concealer because these two products are essential in covering up redness, dark spots, and other imperfections on your face.
- If you’re unsure about which shades would work best for you, be sure to consult an expert at a makeup counter in a store before making any purchases online.
- After using your desired amount of foundation or concealer, it’s time to apply eye shadow! One way that people with lighter olive skin tones can bring out their eyes is with a light brown eyeshadow
- A shade that is lighter than your skin tone will actually make your eyes stand out and bringout the green colors in them. This color can be worn as an everyday look for school or work, but it is always best to change into more dramatic colors if you are going out somewhere special.
- For those with olive skin tone who wear eye shadow, it’s best to go for something with some shimmer or sparkle in it. This will bring out the green hues of your eyes and make them shine bright.
Keeping these tips in mind will help you look fabulous and bring out that natural glow that is only yours.