When it comes to hair color, there are a lot of options to choose from. So, when it comes to red hair, does it look good on olive skin? Truth be told, there is no definitive answer. Each person’s skin tone is different and will react differently to various hair colors. However, there are some things you can consider when trying to decide if red hair is the right choice for you.
Keep reading to learn more!
You may have seen your favorite celebrity rock red, gold, or purple hair and you’re itching to try it out, but stop for a moment to consider if it will blend nicely with your skin tone before making an impulsive decision.
Do you have an olive skin tone and wonder if red hair will look good on you? The straight answer is yes, but there are a few things to take into account before making the decision to dye your hair red if you have olive skin.
Olive skin usually has a warm or cold undertone. To determine which shade of red will fit you better, you should determine the kind of undertones your skin has.
As a general rule, red hair will look better on those with warm undertones, while those with cool undertones should avoid going red. If you have olive skin with warm undertones, then any shade of red hair will look great on you.
However, if you have olive skin with cool undertones, then you might want to consider going with different hair colors, like dark brown or black. Something with warmer undertones will counteract the cool undertones in your skin and make you look more put together.
Choosing a color shade for your hair should be based on the original color of your and how deep your skin tone is. Warmer skin tones look better with darker shades of red hair, while cool olive skin tones can rock lighter shades of red hair.
Warm or Cool Undertones
To understand the uniqueness of an olive complexion, determining what kind of undertone the skin has is important.
Olive skin can have either cool or warm undertones. Olive complexions with cool undertones have a bluish hue, while those with warmer undertones have a yellowish hue.
Knowing if an olive complexion has cool or warm undertones is the first step in knowing what color of red hair would look best on them.
The veins on your wrist can quickly tell you what kind of undertone you have. Warm undertones are indicated by yellow/greenish veins, while bluish veins indicate cool undertones.
If you have olive skin with warm undertones, any shade of red hair will look great on you.
Ideal red hair shades for warm & cool undertones
An olive skin tone with warm undertones will look great in warm shades of red color. When selecting a red hair color, look out for auburn shades with red or copper undertones.
Bright copper colors may also blend nicely with warm olive skin, but ensure the color isn’t overly light for your skin. Using warm red shades of hair color will accentuate your complexion and flatter your golden undertones.
If you have olive skin with cool undertones, avoid going for a bright red color and instead consider dark brown or black hair colors.
To select a nice, cool red shade, look for any color with burgundy or violet in their description.
You can also go a step further and experiment with a dark copper shade. These dark, cool hairs shades will compliment your complexion by bringing out the blue undertones.
Each person’s skin tone is different and will react differently to various hair colors.
Tips for maintaining your red hair color
Maintaining your red hair color can be a challenge, but with the right tips, you can keep your locks looking beautiful.
Here are four tips to help you keep your red hair color looking vibrant.
- Don’t wash immediately: When you’re finished coloring your hair, don’t wash it that day. Allow at least three days to pass before washing your hair to ensure the color has time to set. Washing your hair immediately or a few hours after applying hair color may cause the color to be washed off.
- Use a color protecting shampoo: Using a color protecting shampoo and conditioner is important when trying to maintain your red hair color . These products will help to keep the color from fading and will also add shine.
- Avoid excessive heat: Using excessive amounts of heat on your hair can fade the color, so it’s important to take measures to protect your hair. Try using a heat protectant before styling your hair with hot tools , and avoid using these tools every day.
- Use a color depositing shampoo: A color depositing shampoo can help to refresh your red hair color and make it look more vibrant. These shampoos will add a hint of color to your locks, making them look more freshly coloured.
- Use heat protection: Limit the use of heat styling, curlers, and straighteners for some weeks after you’ve dyed your hair. The heat from these tools makes hair color fades faster than it normally would. If you have to style your hair with heat, ensure you use hair protection.
- Use the right hair products: Stop using harsh chemicals on your hair and opt for organic products instead. Use conditioners and shampoos to preserve your hair color and keep your hair neat and moisturized.
It can be difficult to keep your red hair color looking good, but with the right care and maintenance, your locks can stay healthy and vibrant. By following these simple tips, you can keep your red hair color looking amazing for months on end.
Olive skin tone usually looks great with darker hair shades. While it’s true that red hair color looks good on olive skin, finding the best shade for your complexion and natural hair is key. With the right color selection and hair care, you can keep your red locks looking beautiful for months on end.
Maintaining red hair color may be tricky so if you need some help deciding the best red hair shade for you, you may want to consult a professional colorist.
A colorist will help you determine your undertones and select the best shade to accentuate your natural complexion. With the right care and products, you can keep your red hair color looking fabulous all year long.