Perms have been a popular hairstyle choice for women for decades, but did you know that they can also be a great option for men? A perm can add body and texture to thin or limp hair, making it look fuller and more voluminous.
Here we’ll take a look at how long perms last for guys, what to expect during the process, and some tips on taking care of your perm.
Perms can last anywhere from 1 to 6 months, depending on the kind of perm you choose, how well you maintain your hair, and how quickly it grows.
The cost of a perm will vary depending on the salon but typically runs between $50 and $100.
Permed hair does not necessarily grow anymore or less than straight hair – it just has a different texture. A perm can turn straight hair curly, but it will not make thick hair thin or vice versa.
How do guys maintain a perm?
It’s no secret that guys have it a little bit easier when it comes to hair maintenance. While women are constantly having to worry about the latest styles and products, men can pretty much just go with the flow (or perm, in this case) and call it good. But how do guys keep their perm looking neat and tidy?
Below are some tips on how to maintain a perm for guys:
- Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner – this will help keep your hair looking healthy while also preventing frizziness.
- Avoid using hot tools like curling irons or blow dryers on permed hair as these can cause damage over time – instead use them sparingly and only when necessary.
- Don’t swim for 2 weeks after getting the treatment done; chlorine can damage permed hair so it’s best to stay away from pools or other chlorinated water sources.
- Blow dry your hair for maximum volume and curl control.
- Sleep on a silk pillowcase to help prevent frizziness and tangling.
Following these tips should help keep your perm looking its best for months to come.
How do guys shower with a perm?
Showering can be a little tricky when you have a perm – too much water can cause your hair to frizz, but not enough can leave it looking greasy and oily.
Here are a few tips on how to shower with a perm:
- Part your hair into sections before shampooing – this will help you avoid getting water directly on your perm.
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that is designed for color-treated or permed hair.
- Avoid scrubbing your scalp when you wash your hair – simply massage the product into your scalp and let it soak in for a minute or two before rinsing out.
- If you need to use hot tools like a curling iron or blow dryer, make sure they are set on low heat and use a diffuser if possible.
Again, following these tips should help you shower without damaging your perm.
How should men sleep with a perm?
Having a perm can be a great way to change up your hairstyle. Sleeping can also be tricky when you have a perm – if you’re not careful, your curls can end up looking frizzy or matted.
It’s important to know how to sleep with a perm if you want it to last, so here are some tips on how to get the most out of your perm.
- Use a silk/satin pillowcase – this will help prevent frizziness and tangling.
- Apply some leave-in conditioner before going to bed (it doesn’t have to be much). This will keep your hair moisturized and soft overnight so it looks nice in the morning.
- Wear a satin cap if you’re worried about getting product on your pillow case or sheets. It’s also good for those with long perms who don’t want them snagging while they sleep .
- Wrap your hair up into a loose bun, braids, or a sleep cap – this will help keep your curls from getting frizzy or matted overnight.
- Avoid using a lot of products in your hair before bed – this can make it harder to style in the morning.
Will a perm last forever?
No, perms don’t last forever. Depending on the type of perm you get and how much care you put into taking care of it, they will usually last anywhere from 2 to 9 months.
Perms always need to develop and grow out. They grow into natural-looking curls but if you stop getting perms, your hair will slowly go back to its natural state.
Most people get perms to achieve bouncy, curly hair without using a lot of heat. It doesn’t matter whether you have fine or coarse hair, a perm can give both types the texture and volume they need.
A good way to tell if your perm has grown out is by looking at how much it’s changed in length over time.
Another way to tell if your perm has fully grown back into its natural shape is by combing through with a wide-tooth comb – this will reveal any areas where there are still curls or waves left in place after being cut off at the root.
Having a perm can be a great way to change up your hairstyle, and with the right care, it can last for months.
By following the tips listed above, you can help keep your perm looking its best for as long as possible – without damaging your hair.